Blog Archive

1/23/08

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's been too cold for photos!

January, it's a transition month. It can be cold and snowy some days, yet sunny and bright other days. There are so many photo opportunities for the snow capped mountains, but too cold to brave the dry chapping wind! My next adventure, some snow-shoeing in these wonderful Colorado mountains!

This is a great month to create more jewelry, and also to get my shop name out there for jewelry lovers to see. Valentine's Day and seed planting are just weeks away! My goals this month are to get some pretty V. Day earrings made and maybe some matching pendants to go with them....stay tuned....

Friday, January 4, 2008

My trip to Kauai

What fun this vacation was! I've finally got more photos of the experience on my Flickr page now. I love to take pictures and I have many on there of some of the hiking me and my hubby did this past summer. As pretty as Kauai was, I love living in Colorado! So much beauty so close to home!

New Year, New Goals

My first holiday season has come and gone as a biz owner! Bittersweet, to say the least. I'm still new, still learning. I believe in my product, but I need more exposure! My goal for January is to get the word out, and promote like crazy! Good luck to me!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat

I'm a big CSI fan. I guess you could say it' s my life outside of crafting jewelry. Tonite was suppose to be a new episode, but instead we get a repeat. When is the writers strike going to end?

Friday, December 14, 2007

It's a wonderful Life

This movie is great! There are so many philosophies found in this movie that put things into perspective. For instance the concept - "what if I was never born?"

It's such an interesting question to ponder. I believe everything happens for a reason (I know, very cliche), I also believe along those lines, we are all here for a special purpose (not the same meaning to be found in the movie "The Jerk".....) LOL.... :)

What a fun time of year this is!

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gone too long!

I went to Kauai and had a wonderful time! Some of my pictures can be seen on my Flickr page. Since returning I've been spending a large amount of time getting my shop and my website updated.

I have 99 items in my Etsy shop now! I guess I need to work on this whole marketing thing! I keep making new stuff, and not selling enough. I'm having fun with it though.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

My First post

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now. The holiday season will begin soon with my favorite holiday - Halloween. My hope for this blog is to build a record of how my business is going. I'll post non biz stuff also. I started a new biz venture back in Feb where I started making jewelry. I put together a website where I am showcasing my jewelry. I joined up with a site called 1ofakindjewelry mall in February, and it wasn't really working for me, so in May I joined up with Etsy. So far it's been a wonderful environment. The sales are coming in slow, but I will persevere.

No comments:

Featured Posts

Cost Formulas

Cost Formulas. Love them or hate them, they are an essential part of any handcrafted business.  Now I'm sorry to tell all of you who ha...